Jeff Zedic wrote:
I guess the world doesn't need people like me with my 1956 Sunbeam T20 that still works perfectly. When was the last time anyone tried to have a toaster repaired? Or tried it themselves?

My dad used to fix our toasters all the time. They usually ended up working, but with some unusual quirk, when he was done. I remember one that had to be released manually after he fixed it, or the bread would eventually catch fire; and another that, after he was done fixing it, would not just pop up the toast, but actually eject it about a foot into the air. We used to try to catch it.