> 30” Apple Cinema Display... Mac Pro

A doughty combination.  I'm typing this on mine right now, while it churns
in the background running some builds in a VM.

I just gifted my brother a similar setup, but with the 23" monitor.
His stupid PC is always 'dying', and he's giving $50 a pop to the
local computer geeks to resurrect the registry, or whatever it is that
always goes bad on Windoze.  Not that he's got the money to waste
that way, living on disability as he does.

My son, home from school for now, has plugged a 30"-er into his
Macbook Pro.  Seems to like it.  (Even with its fading yellow-ish
backlight.)

-- Jim