Why not just let her drive it for a bit? Then it won’t matter when she wrecks
it.

<grin>

-D

On Feb 15, 2022, at 12:51 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com<mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>> wrote:

The wife’s R320 has been sitting for 2 years waiting on me to work up the nerve
to do this job.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 15, 2022, at 10:15 AM, Robert Massmann via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com<mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>> wrote:
>
> Well all I am in the process of trying to change the seals on my Ml 350 BT.
> I am getting a good feel for why this is such and expensive repair job with
> limited access and the number of parts that need to be removed. In the
> process I have had to remove the air control assembly that delivers the
> intercooled air to the intake manifold. There is a larger amount of soot
> buildup the second photo came from the inlet of the intake manifold that I
> could reach and haven’t touched the assembly that is shown in photo 1. I did
> see some oil in the inlet to the turbo intake side as well as the transferee
> tube to the intercooler. May just replace crankcase ventilation valve while I
> have things apart. The exterior of this valve is quite oily. Car has about
> 87K miles on it. I have three more screws to remove before I can remove the
> turbo, one of which I can not see.
>
> Will try and give an update in a day or two.
>
> Bob Massmann
> 2012 ML350 BT 87K
<soot-buildup-1.jpg>
<soot-buildup-2.jpg>