Common issue in the W210s. My 98 has a wonky LCD right now and I can’t read the
odometer or any of the other stuff. There’s a place in Idaho that repairs them
for a little over $100 I’m going to send mine to as soon as I can figure out
when I can take it out of service. You can still drive the car with the cluster
out, but I would rather not.

The second gen W210s are a little easier to DIY on the LCD, but it’s still
easier and cheaper in the long run to have one of the rebuilders deal with it.

-D