I have a friend who has a 2013 Beetle with the same engine that has 92K on the
clock. It sounds like these VW 1.8L turbo engines are ticking time bombs as
they age. It seems to be OK right now, but once it hits 100K, who knows. Maybe,
she should unload it while the used car market is high, and convertible season
is nearly upon us which would help the value as well.
Kevin in Lexington, NC

Sent from my iPhone