Good luck with your treatments, there have been amazing advances made in oncology over the last several years.  I hope those can help you through your illness.

I'm sure retirement will take some time to sink in but I doubt if it will take long!  The most important thing is to find tasks to do so you aren't a pain to your wife!  It will be a big adjustment for her too.

All the best!

--FT