In the continuing saga of "it's always something" the septic alarm started
buzzing tonight. This means the effluent tank is getting full. The tank is at a
lower elevation than the field, so the effluent needs to be pumped up to the
field. The Harbor Freight pump that I installed 7 or 8 years ago must have
finally failed. Lasted longer than I had expected; I put it in as an emergency
repair when the previous pump failed. For what it cost compared to a "real"
septic pump, it turned out to be quite a good value. Never a fun thing to work
on though.