I think it would be OK on a 123.

I don't know much about it, but I would say get a pro shop to do it. A good one
should warranty it against bubbles and peeling.

Check local laws about tinting the front windows and/or windshield.

It does help with taking some of the load off of the AC in the summertime. I
would worry about going too dark if you drive much at night. My Volvo XC90 has
a mild factory tint and I think it does reduce night visibility a bit for
example when crossing a dark side street.