Yup, another one…

Picked up a 2008 ML550 tonight. 040 black to match the new W211 E320, I guess.
Far more sophisticated than any MB I’ve driven to-date, lots of bells and
whistles. It has KeylessGo, which is nice, as well as a bunch of other things
I’ve yet to explore. Got it home in anticipation of getting it washed and moved
inside to start on the interior, but Mother Nature interfered with a typical
late afternoon Florida storm, so I had to relegate myself to the EPC and other
sources to take care of the “list ‘o’ parts” I needed to compile for the dealer.

Most things were cosmetic, like a new left side steering wheel switch and trim,
a latch for the center console, and some other little bits of trim and things.
One bummer that I had forgotten about was that the temporary spare was missing,
so I will probably swing by LKQ tomorrow when I go to fill it up (ouch!) and
see if they’ve still got the spare on the 2007 ML that’s in the yard.

It’s just about due for an oil change, which I’ll take care of tomorrow along
with whatever other filters it might need after inspecting them. It’s going to
need a headliner, but that’s a job for my upholstery guy in a month or so.

It’s a lot of fun to drive and quite comfortable, nothing like the harsh ride
of the W163 (my W164 does have solid suspension, not air.) It’s still
definitely truck-like, but nowhere near as much as the W163, I think. Much
better drink holders than the W211, too. Now I know I can’t let Mrs. Dan drive
this thing…

Pictures in the morning once I’ve cleaned it up.

-D