Striplin Admin account wrote:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        The W124 Bible
Date:   Fri, 9 Jun 2006 10:49:48 -0400
From:   LarryT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I bought the above manual a few eeeks ago from Rusty for around $25 and
have finally gotten thru most of it briefly.  I haven't spent the time
to read every page in detail but I have seen enough to know this is
going to be a *very* useful reference manual!  I highly recommend it -

It's got a list of off-the-wall problems like we see in the real world -
along with the solutions.  I expect to get  a lot of use from this over
the coming years.  Don't know if Marshall refers to this or not, but I
see answers that *sound* like they came from Herr Diesel Dokter. ;-)
Things like "Cuts out while coasting" might be "Loss of tach signal".
Pretty cool!

Anyway - it's on Rustys website -- 340+ pages of W124 E Class help.
covering years 86-95.

The "Bible" was written by Stu Ritter (who serviced Mercedes cars for more than 30 years). He's also the Tech Editor of the MBCA Star magazine. He know the cars VERY well. Presently he owns and drives a 124 400E and a '95 E320T.

Stu did most of the photography as well.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)