Make sure you have flow out of the IP overflow -- a clog in the inlet line will prevent fuel delivery to the IP fill gallery, and hence nothing out the injectors. A plugged main filter, or plugged main filter to IP line, will cause you problem.

It's possible the IP is toast (although this one isn't any worse than any other, I don't believe, except for the electronic idle speed control). Not likely, though.

No fuel out the injector lines with the cap nuts cracked sure sounds like a dry IP to me.....

If the stop lever is up, the shutoff is fine. Should press down easily and stop the engine instantly, and rise instantly when the key is switched on.

It is possible that the shutoff mechanism is stuck, but some injector cleaner (Diesel Purge) should fix that pronto.

Again, make SURE you have fuel going into and coming out of the IP, not just the filters. A plugged feed line will cause 100% of the fuel to overflow the main filter......

Once you get the IP full of air, it can take a while to purge it out, and you must also purge the injection lines before it will run properly.

Peter