From: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: June 4, 2022 12:15 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: buggeredbenzm...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] was told it needs a new engine. 2004 E500 4matic Mercedes
Benz - $2, 000 (Burlington/Gibsonville)

I talked to the woman.  She loved the car and took very good care of it,
she was kind of a "car girl," her dad had been a mechanic and she picked
that up from him.  So she was very sad when the problem happened.  Car
is highly optioned.

She described it as a ticking sound, the car died at the end of a ramp,
she managed to get it home then had it towed to the shop where she had
bought it (and had it serviced) 17yr ago.  Guy there said it needed a
new engine for whatever good that is. She said it would start and run
but then die.  She had the car towed back to her house.  This all
happened a week ago.

Not sure about the ticking but the start and die could be something
simple, would need to scan it.  I'll have to look into the timing chain
idler issue, was not aware of that on a M113 but that could account for
the ticking sound.

She sent me the shop info, I'll ring the guy Monday and see what he
says.  She wants her baby to go to someone who will take care of it and
she likes me!

--FT

On 6/4/22 10:08 AM, Rick Knoble via Mercedes wrote:
> Crank sensor?
> Cam sensor?
> Actually a 2006 with a munched timing chain idler?
>
> Rick

--FT