When E85 was 20% cheaper than 87, which in turn was 25% cheaper than 93, I thought of running 50/50 E85/87 instead of 93. Knock resistance would be there, and MPG would be down maybe 15%, but cost would be down more than 15%.

It depends on what sort of corrosive damage might result, and whether the needed enrichment would exceed the threshold for setting a check engine light.

Since my thirstiest vehicle, the ML, is mostly driven in cold weather, I would often put 5 gallons of 93 in and top off with 87.