Is it a European thing? My old W115 300D socket is loose on normal plugs as well. I have always assumed that it may be some sort of metric socket rather than what we expect in NA. I think about changing it but haven't needed to do so and thus haven't yet.

Randy

On 15/06/2022 5:17 PM, mitch--- via Mercedes wrote:
How much is a new socket?
Mitch.

On 2022-06-15 17:55, Dwight Giles via Mercedes wrote:
My wife just bought a 2000 CLK 320 with very low mileage.  The
phone charger cord slops around in the lighter outlet.  I tested this
with the one that is tight in the 2005 E320 and it too slops around.  Parts guy @ dealer said it is the same outlet.  So???? Wrap the phone plug end in
wire? Shim the lighter socket?
TIA