From: Ralph W <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 19:04:47 -0400
Subject: [MBZ] Summer tire recommendation W124 16"

Hello All,
I need a new set of summer tires for my '90 W124. I run snow tires in the
winter
on the standard 15" pancakes that came with the car. In the summer I am using
later model 16" E-class wheels. They really give the car a more modern look.
Based on some list recommendations I had been using Kuhmo Ectsa 711 tires which
are now wore out. I must say that they were the worst tires I've ever owned. I
only got around 15k out of them and they really made the car feel squirrelly
and
tracked the road terribly. The car is awesome with my Michelin Arctic Alpines.
Can anyone (Dave M. perhaps?) recommend a good summer tire for this car. I'd
rather not break the bank but I guess I better spend a bit more than I did on
the Kuhmo's.

Ralph W.
'90 300D    '83  300CD
'01 E320     '82  300TD