The under hood cats were 1975 and 1976. A 1986 R107 would be a 560SL So
it's most likely a 1976. The manual AC makes it a euro - without the cats,
etc - more power than the US version - probably why the drive train is out
- it went to another car.
It's ripe for 5.0 dual overhead cam transplant

On Mon, Jul 4, 2022 at 2:49 PM dan penoff.com via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> No, Grant, that was exclusively the 380 and in the early 80s, from 1980-82
> or thereabouts. The 450 never had a single row chain. But - it did have
> retrofitted cats that were under the hood and made it like a blast furnace,
> effectively destroying all of the little bits of fuel line, which like to
> fail from the heat and start conflagrations.
>
> -D
>
> > On Jul 4, 2022, at 3:45 PM, G Mann via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I wonder what the full story is that accounts for the missing engine and
> > transmission?
> > The body / interior / mileage look pretty nice .
> > Is this year in the deadly single row cam chain zone?
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 4, 2022 at 9:19 AM Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <
> > mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> >> https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/426333482742197
> >>
> >> --
> >> --FT

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!