I keep a handful of the door rivets on hand for that reason. They’re pretty
much universal and you always need a couple when you pull door panels off.

I think I got a rebuild kit or something of the sort of the last ML that needed
a rear window regulator. Still had to remove it, so you need the rivets, but it
wasn’t a big deal to do. I will say ‘ve got one of the heavy duty riven guns
from Harbor Fright and it’s much easier to do with it, mainly because those
rivets take a boatload of energy to pop.

-D