> $0.05kwh is really, really low. We pay $0.10kwh which is apparently just
> below average: https://www.eia.gov/electricity/state/
> <https://www.eia.gov/electricity/state/>

Fun Facts:

The Grand Coulee Dam on Washington's Columbia River is the largest power plant
by generation capacity in the United States, and the seventh-largest hydropower
plant in the world. It typically supplies about 21 million megawatthours of
electricity annually to eight western states and parts of Canada.
Washington generated more electricity from hydropower than any other state and
accounted for 27% of the nation's total utility-scale hydroelectric generation
in 2020.
Our (rural) utility co-op is supplied almost entirely by the BPA, which is the
hydro operator
on the Columbia River.  Long-term contracts are in place.

-- JIM