That's my main problem with it. Your phone has a screen, and can do navigation.
I realize that wasn't the case in 2005 but even then you could buy a Garmin or
TomTom or similar if you wanted it, it was probably superior to what the car
gave you, and you could easily use it in any car.

Building this into the console means you're stuck with whatever technology the
manufacturer gave you, and are stuck with whatever updates they do or don't
provide. CD-ROMs for map info? How quaint....