On 2022-07-19 13:17, Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=270&acctid=21052

Hunt around on there, lots of surplus metal cabinets. If you have a
university nearby, check if they do surplus sales to the public. At
Indiana University where I work, they sell stuff to the public but
also list a lot of stuff on govdeals.

When Owens-Illinois shut down their Charlotte plant, a couple of friends got kept on the payroll to help clean the place out. They bought some cabinets for themselves, with 3 more of the two door cabinets for my parents and I. I believe I paid $5 for my 12" file cabinets, $8 for the 15" legal file cabinet, and $20-25 for the big steel cupboard.

A qt of yellow Rustoleum and my brown cupboard could be a lot less ugly and a lot more weird looking. I mostly store oil and filters in it, so yellow wouldn't be totally out of place. The bottom area is big enough for 5 gallon pails of ATF and Hy-Tran under the bottom shelf.