> Can't buy small cans of R134a anymore in Washington state. I didn't know that.

Nope.  I just noticed this today because of the sign taped on the door at NAPA.
We were there buying brake pads for the rear of the E320, which was
metal-on-metal.
(Discovered by me yesterday, when the wife complained.)  $51!

For me, it's a short drive over to Idaho if I should need any.  The clerk said
it was a
$10,000/can fine if they were caught with any in the WA stores.  They shipped
all theirs
over to the closest Idaho store.  Sucks if you live in Seattle, though.

The EPA (and its ilk) strikes again.  I feel so safe!

-- Jim