Yeah I did actually kinda like the paint job, somewhat subdued and complements the car.  My dad got a 66 Bonneville in maroon, I learned to drive in it (389 4BBL holy shite!) and I always liked that color.

Yes, that Mazda paint is wild, it is almost blinding to see it in the full sun.  Must have glass microbeads in it or something that reflects some specific light wavelengths.  I saw a Ford or something recently that had similar paint though not quite as bright.

--FT