When my C320 was at the dealer ten days ago for replacement of the hvac panel
due to a sticky button, I had forgotten to verify with the tech that DOT4+
brake fluid was what is now used by MB.I needed to know because when I replaced
the brake pads last month I did not replace the fluid that I had bled from the
calipers when pushing the pistons back. So when I stopped by last week to ask
him, he asked why I wanted to know. When I told him, he went to his cabinet
and pulled out two liters of MB branded DOT4+, saying that should be enough. No
charge.

Well, it was. What I needed was about five tablespoons of it.

Turns out the MB brake fluid is manufactured by CCI Manufacturing in
Illinois, a Japanese owned corporation which has been making brake fluid since
1949 in
Hiroshima. Known as Chuo Chemical Industries in those days.

RLE