Remembering that the market for all vehicles is still gone stupid, although it
seems to be getting back to something resembling sanity.

It looks like, in my area, that the spread on TDI prices is really high.
For reference, when I bought my '15 Jetta in 2019 it had, I think, 75,000 miles
and I paid just over $9k. It's at 98,000 miles now and has only had a few
issues, like needing brakes and sway bar links, oh and struts because a spring
broke. I *think* it needs one rear shock although I'll do both at the same
time. It's bouncy in the right rear but nothing seems loose and passes a shock
test if you bounce the rear end. Tires don't seem to wear abnormally.

I'd pass on any TDI automatic. They're not known for longevity, especially if
maintenance isn't followed religiously.

-Curt

On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 02:57:15 PM EDT, Allan Streib via Mercedes