Nada shows low retail at $4600, average at $6350, and high at $11050.  KBB shows range of $3731 to $6317.  I need to also look at some comps that have sold, or are listed for sale.  If anybody happens to come across any, send them my way.

On 8/18/2022 6:19 PM, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:
The insurer is going to claim the car is worth something like $3k and offer
that as a payoff and total it. I highly doubt they would even consider paying
out the cost to repair based on the age, mileage and condition.

Now is the time Kaleb should be gathering data to support a higher valuation.
That’s the battle that’s going to be fought.

-D

On Aug 18, 2022, at 7:00 PM, mitch--- via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

On 2022-08-18 17:58, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
Took the car by the State Farm approved shop that is about 20 minutes
away. Guy seemed real nice and knowledgeable. He said it does not
appear to have b pillar damage, just the frame of the door bent.
Anyway, their estimate was only about a grand less than the MB
certified shop at around $4800. He said he doubts they will fix it and
it will probably be a battle. So, I guess we will see what fun happens
from here.
$4800, according to the shop chosen by the at fault driver's insurance company?
And no structural damage? Did the MB certified shop agree with that diagnosis?
If you could get a check for $4800 and switch a door yourself, that sounds like
a win.