Don,
I have been told that the W140 takes a special wheel (different hub
fitting plus the larger offset) than the W126. I wasn't able to put
W126 wheels on my W140 and would suspect the opposite is true as well,
but I don't know that for sure.

Be aware that the W126 never had the 8 hole option from the factory,
only bundts and flatface types but I think Tirerack has developed a
relica 8 hole wheel.