So I bought this enclosed trailer for the spouse and bought 2 of the large
chest freezers at lowes to put in the trailer to use while it is parked at
events. Normally I would not run large appliances on extension cords but in
this situation there is not really a choice. Upon looking at the tags on the
freezers I was surprised they only listed less than 2amps on them. Perhaps
these new freezers don’t consume large amounts of power like older units. I
have a short 12ga 3 plug cord in the trailer with it sticking out of the
trailer. From there plugged in a 100’ 12ga heavy extension cord. I bought this
100ft cord but was really after a 50ft. Then I thought about taking it back and
getting a 50ft 10ga cord. After seeing that these freezers are only going to
need 4 amp, I’m thinking this should work fine. Anybody see any issues here?

Sent from my iPhone