Thanks. I put a used one in the 300td this year already. Not a good year
for differentials apparently.

I put a wavetrac LSD into the 606 wagon. That is the only one I have
rebuilt. Did not touch the pinion so I just bolted it back together.

I suspect the howl is from the pinion. There seem to be a lot of these old
LSD 560 diffs for sale, so I wonder if they fail more often for whatever
reason. Anyway there is an ebay one not too far from me so I will put some
bearings and seals in it and do the swap.

Thanks,
Karl