mmmm

Let's see, oh

A) custom designed bose radio speaker system (14 speakers? or is that 12) B) trunk release/latch assemble which uses multiple micro-switch and air pressure and vacuum to
mange placement of handle, and to pull trunk closed.
My 83 300TDt has a bar, a latch and one buggered microswitch for overhead lamp control

C) dual pumps to provide pressure and vacuum to doors (pressure) which are pulled closed,
smart logic which decides when circuit has leak and shutdown circuit.

D) Stalks in early versions that pop up on left/right trunk edges so you see where the back of the car is better.

Lots more.... Engineering here refers to features, but I do think basic structural things done by mercedes are likely designed from a usage viewpoint, I recall an article in the WSJ a couple of years ago about the high number of w140's in Albania (I think?). Why. well it seems organized crime dropped them there and claimed them *lost* under insurance since at the time Albania had no licensing system that could be accessed from the rest of Europe. But one of the drivers interviewed said benzs sold well because the roads were so poor they pounded the shit out of lesser vehicles.

Lastly anything that has Bosch written on it seems prone to failure, if I could excise that vendor from my benzs I'd be happier...