From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:24:17 EDT
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Component manufacturers

<<Just want to chime in here on this "Engineering" post. Bosch should really
think before they write about failures.
Damn near every Bosch 5.1 ABS system with the integrated electronics is a
piece of crap. From 98 to 03
when Bosch integrated ASR with the ABS systems the circuit boards were so
small and flimsy they fail on every AUDI and VW they put them on. Had my 02
Passat in 4 times to have it replaced. At $1600 a pop I'd trade that for a
decent
Lucas system any day>>

My '01 C320's braking system (ABS/ESP/BAS) including the ABS pump, vacuum
booster and rear calipers are all ATe. Only the front floating calipers are
Lucas
(with no mention of Girling). Rear calipers are fixed. All now with Pagid
pads. No pad lube required now, BTW.

That's ATe as in Alfred Teves.

RLE