From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fri Jun 16 15:09:16 2006
From: "George Larribeau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:09:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [MBZ] W123 TD Rear Speakers

> actually they are round speakers, the same size as in the rear of a
> regular 123 I do believe.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>>  Thats one of those odd shaped speakers like a 5x7 or a 6X8. You'll
>> probably have to go to a 6 or 6 1/2
>> round speaker and use some sort of adapter

MCM

http://www.mcminone.com/

and

Parts Express

http://www.partsexpress.com

are reasonable sources for speaker components. The web sites can be a bit to
navigate:

MCM  [Audio-Video] - [Automotive Electronics Speaker}

Parts Exp [Speakers] - [Car Audio] - [Automotive Speakers (named table on
right of page)]

Both sites have various weird shaped automotive speakers. There are gobs of
audio, speakers and assorted electronic AV consumer stuff on these sites.
Most of the market for Replacement automotive speakers involves the use of a
inverter powered booster amplifier that could be used for a arc welder /
satellite tracking antenna servo amplifier / deep sea sonar system and is
most likely not needed is this application. Historically oval shaped
speakers in rectangular / oval frames are not quite as good as round ones
however for a car that has holes in it I would use what ever is the easiest
to fit and not look ugly. Speakers that are designed for 100W RMS plus power
levels with voice coils wound out of  4/0 buss bar are totally unnecessary
but I would get something with a magnet larger that squires family jewels.

George Larribeau
Dallas, Texas

1985 300SD 190K