Believe it or not, the government actually exempted the W210 chassis cars from
most Federalizing requirements because the ROW versions were nearly identical
to the U.S. spec cars. The 25 year requirement doesn’t apply to the W210. All
you would have to do is have the speedo and headlights changed.

I just saw something about this recently, if I can find the reference I’ll post
a link.

-D