I got one of these to put in the ML so I could listed to stuff.  I use the FM transmitter and it works pretty well as long as you pick a station without interference (which might change as you drive on a trip).  Also has an AUX out to plug into the 211 port in the glove box. Does BT as well so the phone can talk to it through BT then output through FM or AUX.  Power thing has 2 USBs too which is good for the phone or other stuff.

I have not tried the phone talk function but it says it has a microphone and will play through your sound system.

It is a bit flimsy when the adjustable arm is fully extended but not bad and it has other mount options too.  10% discount at checkout, I ordered 2 more for other cars so I can see the phone easily for maps and whatever.  You can just use it as a mount, don't have to use the other functions.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B2RFG4BQ

--
--FT