> I can see long haul trucks going hydrogen fuel cell for more range.

I think long haul trucks will stay with diesel for the forseeable future. No
electric technology is close to feasible for pulling 80,000 lbs for 10+ hours
at a stretch.

Local deliveries may be another story. Electric may have a role there.

Our local school district has gone all-in on EV buses. I am interested to see
if they will be able to finish their routes on single-digit-temp January
mornings. I am guessing that the contract operators on the longer routes that
run into rural areas will stay with diesel.