I've been thinking of making one using an old stainless darkroom sink when
I get around to rebuilding an aircraft engine. A 5 gallon can of solvent
(mineral spirits, paint thinner, etc.) and pump and a filter of some kind
and some hose.
I was buying parts cleaner solvent in a 5 gallon can from Tractor Supply,
but I can't find it on their website now.  I use it with a siphon sprayer
and air hose to wash down the Cessna engine and belly each year.

On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 10:26 PM Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I was thinking that a small parts cleaner would be useful. I see this one
> and it seems to be basically a box with a tray and some sort of submersible
> pump to circulate cleaning solvent. Nothing exotic about that. A comment
> says the pump is akin to a HF pump.
>
> Parts Washer 3.5 Gallon Capacity Tank Cabinet Portable Automotive Parts
> Cleaner for Wheel Bearings, Gears, and carburetors (Blue)…
> https://a.co/iweKjdH
>
> Anyone ever put something like this together?  Plastic storage bin, pump,
> screen tray… not much engineering to that. Diesel fuel as cleaner solvent?
> Or some proper solvent?
>
> --FT
> Sent from iFōn

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!