Discharge to the groin area very likely severed the femoral artery, which
would empty the blood supply to the brain and heart in about 45 seconds. A
bandaid won't work to stop the bleed since it is a main line feed straight
from the heart..
Plus, he was a felon, so he could not legally buy a nug, so it is typical
to carry whatever can be bought on the dark market, or steal.. thus, who
knows what he carried..