Is it transistors or tubes? That's around the time that they started changing
over.

My dad always bought component stuff. We had his Scott integrated amplifier
(which was mono) as the amp for playing records in the family room. It was tube
based. At some point he bought a transistorized "receiver" and I guess he got
rid of the old Scott. It looked much like this one but may not have been this
exact model:

https://reverb.com/item/46663842-vintage-scott-99c-mono-tube-amplifier-w-2x-6l6gc-tubes