I looked into the idea of a converted motor coach as an RV. You need to budget
about 50% of the purchase price for deferred maintenance unless you're able to
buy one directly from a top-tier operator, and then about $5,000 yearly
thereafter for parts and maintenance.

> The drive tires are fine for getting the bus where it needs to go

IOW they need to be replaced but probably won't blow out on the road. If they
do, $1,500 per tire for roadside replacement.

I have been disabused of the idea that owning a bus is something that makes
sense unless you are quite wealthy.