I finally got the lug bolts off the S550.  The chrome cap on one came off. They
were all torqued to about 500ftlbs.  Then the wheel was welded to the hub. I
managed to get a stubby flat screwdriver in between the back of the wheel and
the hub and beat on it enough in the small space inside the wheel spokes to
finally pop it loose.

So then I take a look at the wheel speed sensor and lo it was gone. The bolt
was there but the whole sensor was gone.  Not plugged in.  I guess that’s why
there’s a ESP ABS code on that wheel.  I know I did not do this.  Maybe someone
jacked it at the auction yard or where I got it. Who knows. I also know I had
ordered the part some time ago and it was in the car on the passenger floor. So
I go to get it and it’s nowhere to be found. The bag it was in is there but no
part. WTF.

I am 99% certain I ordered the part. I also recall opening it and looking at it
and then looking up a vid on how to replace it. I didn’t do it at that time for
whatever reasons. I also remember moving it around.  I looked everywhere in the
car. I feel like I am insane, have dementia, have confabulated the whole thing,
or something. And why the one that should be on the car was missing is most
curious too.

Well I guess I need to order (another) one. And some new lug bolts too. Sigh.

--FT
Sent from iFōn