On 2023-01-19 12:54, Jim Cathey via Mercedes wrote:
How does that even happen?

Batteries are available with reversed posts.  Optima has the 34 and
34R, for example.

But I don't believe I've ever seen anything in the 49/93/H8 class that has the alternate terminal orientation. And most of my MBZ with underhood batteries don't have long enough cables to let you turn a group 49 around and hook up both cables.
Trunk and back seat batteries might let you do it.

But I did stick a 26R in my W116 once when the climate control servo killed the group 49 that came with it. A 26 instead of a 26R wouldn't have been such a good idea.