From: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: February 26, 2023 6:24 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com; davesl...@okiebenz.com
Cc: ka...@striplin.net
Subject: [MBZ] CIS pressure gauge?

What do you folks that still work on CIS have for a gauge set?  I have
the HF Pittsburg set that has the fittings and hose assembly to do it.
I hooked it up and did not seem to get accurate readings. It almost
seemed like the pressure would go into the gauge one way, and not lower
when it should.  These have schrader valves in the fitting connections
on the FD and WUR, as well as the other ends of the CIS hose assembly,
and the hose assembly to the gauge and the gauge itself.  I have had
this set for a long time and figured it was a POS.  So, today I went to
HF and bought their new version of this that is now called Maddox.  It
has the same sorts of connections.  With this one, I am starting with
the system pressure and it shows below spec, but depending on how I move
the hose, the pressure rises to where it appears to be in spec.  Pushing
the gauge in further in the quick connect alters/raises the reading as
well. I can't be certain the reading is accurate.  This one also seems
to be doing the one way thing letting pressure into the gauge and no
out.  I have to actually remove the gauge from the quick connect and
press in its valve manually and it releases.  In other words, I just do
not trust it.

So, anyone have a set they recommend?