VMIs are not reliable for cars prior to about 1988-90 or thereabouts. The fact
that it has no (service) entries doesn’t mean it didn’t go to a dealer - their
recording methods were still hit or miss back then.

I don’t put a lot of value in VMIs for cars prior to about 1990, as they rarely
show anything of value.

-D