I pulled the ETA some time ago as the car was running very badly and the ETA
was likely the culprit. I sent it off to this guy Don Roden who rebuilds them.

He called me this morning after he got it and said it was the wrong ETA for the
car, a non-ASR ETA. Plus it was all corroded like it had been in water and not
rebuildable. So it appears at some point someone put the wrong ETA on the car.
The guy I bought it from got it from an estate sale, it had sat for some time,
so maybe the former owner had buggered it up. This guy and his dad were working
on it but decided to move on, they had done some ham handed stuff to the engine
stuff but fortunately didn’t mess it up too bad. Mostly just crap parts. I
replaced all the intake hoses and such with proper parts.

The guy had another ETA in the trunk he had bought thinking maybe this was an
issue. Don told me what the proper part number was and this one was it. So he
said to send him this one for rebuild but I’m thinking I should probably give
it a try first to see if it works so I think I’ll put it on the car and see if
it works. Installing it is a bit of a pain but shouldn’t take too long. So
that’s on my card for the next few days. Would be cool if it works!

Fun times.

--FT
Sent from iFōn