Been a quiet couple of days, as I have to work during the day, of course.

Got to the dealer on Wednesday to pick up some things, primarily a new key,
both electronic and hard/blade. Got a replacement lamp assembly for the LF
clearance light, as the retaining tab had broken on it when I went to change a
bulb. Picked up the last of the parts I need to sort the headlights out along
with a battery retainer/clamp, the original of which was missing…I’ll take the
headlights on this weekend since it involves dropping the front bumper.

Anyway, The best and worst of the day was when I took the car out for the first
spin in the neighborhood, and when I returned I noticed a big bulge on the
sidewall of the cheap RF Malaysian tire. Grr. So an order for a set of
Bridgestone Turanzas went in to my local Costco. They’re scheduled out to April
1st, but I did a walk-in and was able to get an appointment for this Friday.
The best of the remaining three cheep Malaysian tires will replace the original
OE Michelin that’s on the spare wheel.

So the car has been sitting, more or less, for the time being. Now I’ve got to
drive it on a bum tire for about 10 miles and hope it doesn’t blow out.

Anyway, I finally got some glamour shots done after applying the DIY ceramic
coating. You can see them here:

http://penoff.com/2001_CL600_Photos.html

Enjoy!

-D