So the major issue with the CL600 when I got it was that the right door was
dead. These cars have a reputation for the harnesses to break down in the door
hinge, as it’s a weird articulated setup that allows the door to move “out”
while pivoting. I was assuming that the harness had broken, easy fix.

Not so.

So when I started investigating this morning, I found that the right door fuse
(39) had no power to it in the fusebox. Hmm. The fuses are in a two fuse block
that plugs into the bus on the fuse block in the right front fusebox. I had no
power to either fuse when the ignition was turned on.

I removed the fuse block containing the two fuses, one of which was the fuse
powering the door. The way these are set up is that they have two plugs that go
into the fusebox, but only one of these plugs has a connection. The same
connector that makes a connection with the fuse box has a jumper of sorts
inside the fuse block that connects the hot side of the two fuses together.

With the fuse block removed from the fuse box, I checked for power on the two
pins that were below the fuse block. Remember that only one of these is
actually connected to the fuses when the fuse block is plugged into the fuse
box.

The pin that would have made contact with the fuse block was dead. That’s the
reason why I had no power to the right door. The other pin, under fuse #38,
which was not connected to the fuse block, had power. Looking at the wiring
diagram for the fuse box, these two pins are common to each other, so it makes
no difference which one was suppling power to the fuse block.

I was able to disassemble the fuse block and with some tedious but careful work
using a cut off coping saw blade, dental picks and an Xacto knife, I was able
to cut out the parts of the fuse block that were molded in to prevent reversing
of the internal connector piece. Once that was done I could reverse it so that
it would contact the other pin when the fuse block was installed.

Power to the right door and all functions have been restored. Yay!!

Now I need to find out why the signal from the right rear ABS sensor isn’t
getting to the ESP module and I should have everything resolved.

-D