Actually I was thinking about it and yeah having the DAS really helps with these issues, but there is also learning from failure, which was discouraging me yesterday.  I was thinking about what a PITA it was going to be to try to move and load this thing with it slammed and that was getting me all agitated. So getting it fixed today really felt good in that respect. It is great to stand there and see a zero-cost fix actually work and the car start to rise from the dead.  Hallelujah it is risen!

The engine had been running a bit rough the last coupla times I started it and exhaust was smelling a bit funky although there were no faults for misfires or whatever.  I let it run a fair amount today while I had the computer on it and it started running a bit better after it warmed up.  Probably the gas is not great after sitting for a few months or however long it has been there.  It did start spewing coolant out of a heater hose below the cabin air filter so I'm sure a lot of that stuff is going to have to be changed after the rodents and whatever else has been in there.

The fuel sender is not working.  I think there is some kind of recall on the fuel system I will have to check into, my daughter had the pump and some other stuff replaced on her 211 wagon under an extended warranty so maybe this car is covered too.

--FT