Chuck Landenberger wrote:
George,

I was successful putting a good sized floor jack under the crossmember behind the oil pan. Did make a rubber pad from piece of tire tread for contact point. That raises both front wheels off at the same time. This way you will have unencumbered access for the jackstands on the frame rails on both sides. As for the rear wheels, use the differential as the jack point. Never caused me a problem.

Used this method on my 80 300SD (W116)...... Now in a Kalamazoo MI home.

What Chuck said is what I've always done and what I've seen done by the mechanics I've used!

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)