Folks,

So I removed the front pan of the E320 hovercraft 2002 wagon this afternoon.

After running the engine a while I was able to see that the water leak was
coming from the coolant reservoir overflow. The car came with the wrong cap ….
I ordered one and was sent a screw on plastic one … I took the cap off my 123
wagon and it seemed to fit …. I ordered a Chinese copy of the 123 wagon cap …
it fit but was harder to install than the 123 cap so I put that one on the
hovercraft …. Anyway it was leaking from the overflow. When I installed the
Chinese 123 style radiator cap the leak stopped !!! Maybe the problem is solved.

I’m going to drive it 15 miles in a day or two and see if the water loss is
stopped. I can only hope. Now I’m going to replace the frayed serpentine belt …
looks super easy. I will inspect the tensioner pulley  and the idler pulley and
if they are crappy I’ll replace them with high priced Chinese copies of the
Mercedes parts for $10 and $22 each … from the big women.

This is what I did on my dodge Mercedes sprinter and they have seemed to be
fine for a year or so.

Xx rick