We used to have a good CarQuest here, not a machine shop one but they had lots
of parts and could get stuff quickly. They supported all the mechanics in the
area, did a bunch of commercial sales and thus were quite knowledgable.

After the Advance buyout they changed to a "typical retail location", got rid
of anybody who knew anything and hired a bunch of retail sales fools. Closed
pretty quickly after that. I'm sure some big-wigs at Advance say "I don't know
why we can't break into the commercial market."

Our local Federated Autoparts has done better since Car Quest closed but I miss
Car Quest brand lubricants...

 -Curt

On Friday, April 28, 2023 at 01:00:42 PM EDT, Allan Streib via Mercedes