This car was the subject of a post in a Fakebook group. Actually several posts.
This guy was bragging about how he got this car and it had not run is 10-12
years. I made a comment about what all is involved in resurrecting CIS. I don’t
recall any numbers but I would assume he picked it up cheap. Sometime later he
says he got it running. Then there was a post about how he is parting it out
because it has a rod knocking. A long discussion about how it is insane to part
out that far, if he can’t fix it pass it along to somebody who can. Several
people mentioned it was highly unlikely it was a rod knocking. He posted a
video of it running and it sounded to me like a cam shaft issue. I guess it
could have been a rod. He argued saying the engine was for sure done for,
toast.

The guy, or kid rather, said he was parting it out because nobody will give him
want he wants, which was $2500. He claimed to have a good engine for it and he
was even asked if the engine was included for that price. He eventually deleted
the post because it pretty much back fired on him.

Now he posts it for $5k and mention of rods knocking or major engine issues.
Just something about a flywheel.

Sent from my iPhone